Thursday, September 18, 2008

Letter From Greece

MY MIND'S TRAFFIC JAM
Sep 16, 12:01PM


Hello Monica,

The reason you haven't heard from me for so long, is not that I do not have any questions any more or that I don't need help.

It's because whenever a question pops up into my mind, the answer comes with it, as well. I also know that all the help I need is within me..

I know that God goes with me wherever I go, and I am never left alone..

But there still is one thing that has not improved with my mind...this traffic jam of thoughts!! I mean during my practice periods,

This "In quiet I receive God's Word", I have not experienced yet! I keep asking the angels to guard my mind, I visualize them as traffic policemen sending the uninvited thoughts out, but the traffic jam keeps holding on....

The other thing I do is to repeat the day's lesson like a mantra, in order to at least substitute the other thoughts with this.. But is this what I am asked to do?

Anyway, I forgive myself and go on...I am sure that there must be other people like me.

If you think that it will be helpful, you can post my message and your answer in your blog.

Blessings from Greece,

Christina


Here's my response:
Dear Christina:

This is not a practice of mantra where you just repeat an idea over and over again and never let it actually mean anything to you. It is better to follow the exact instructions in the lesson itself. Jesus, the author of the Course, knows how undisciplined your mind is. So each lesson has a specific instruction within it. Yes, you apply it all day long to the situations in which you find yourself. However, don't let it be simply a repetition. It has to be an activation. You must actively start denying the fear within your mind. Your mind has all power, this is a way to start to think entirely differently. It is a mind training. It is an experience of the release of your fear. It is a release of your self-identity.

I would suggest to all Course in Miracles students to get copies of the Master Teacher's videos. He will provide the light reference you will need in order to get out of the habitual fearful mindset that you have been in for a very long time. It doesn't take a long time to practice and apply these lessons. But you need the help of an awakened Master to reach full enlightenment. This means that you will discover yourself. You will feel totally different. All your meaningless petty worries will disappear and you will find yourself in a lot of light!

This is what happened to me after just one video. I felt my whole being leave this time/space reference and I was totally free. Then after several hours, I came back in and felt totally changed. This was a real experience, something I couldn't figure out or try to work on. It happened to me because I was completely open to it. I wanted a way out. I was asking for it and so it was given me. It wasn't fearful at all, but I didn't resist it. I was sure I wanted to know who I really am.

So, contact the link I have listed on the right side panel that says For Materials and More to get the videos, or you can also watch them online at endeavoracademy.com.

OK? Let me know how it's going and thank you for the letter, Christina!

Love,
Monica

1 comment:

Χριστίνα said...

Thank you, Monica...I'll watch the videos...
Actually, even as it is with my mind now, although I "think" I don't do it right, I have seen changes in myself...
I "take" the daily lesson with me wherever I go...I mean I apply it in my everyday life, and my "depressing" moments have reduced spectacularly, I do not identify with the situations and the problems any more...

I can't wait to see these videos!!

Love, from Greece