Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Attack Thoughts

This is from Workbook Lesson 26, one of my favorites: "The idea for today introduces the thought that you always attack yourself first. If attack thoughts must entail the belief that you are vulnerable, their effect is to weaken you in your own eyes. Thus they have attacked your perception of yourself. And because you believe in them, you can no longer believe in yourself. A false image of yourself has come to take the place of what you are."

If you accepted this idea, that you always attack yourself first, and this results in your misperception of yourself, and therefore, of everyone and everything...you would simply choose to stop. Why weaken yourself? Don't you want to be free? Unlimited, fearless and happy?

In other words, whenever you experience conflictual thoughts in your mind, thoughts of judgment, fear, anger, doubt, envy, lack, worry, anxiety...you name it...you feel the pain of these thoughts immediately. All these thoughts are manufactured by you and you have done this to your beautiful self. Can you stop?

The answer is YES! But you must become wholly aware that your attack thoughts are not coming from outside of your mind. When you accept singularity, or the idea that you are totally responsible for your thoughts, you will become more aware and more willing to release these conflictual thoughts.

Here's more from this very important lesson: "Practice with today's idea will help you to understand that vulnerability or invulnerability is the result of your own thoughts. Nothing except your thoughts can hurt you."

Wow, that's a statement. Because you always think that someone else is doing it to you...I know you do, because I did, and I had to get really sick and tired of my attack thoughts. The idea that I can be attacked is the most ridiculous thought of all. I am the Holy Son of God Himself. So, nothing can really affect me, except my own thoughts about myself. If I am judging, I am judged. If I am afraid, I feel that fear within me. This is a dream of fear, and all the effects of fear are actually gone. But, I maintain them in my mind if I choose. So, I can simply choose to let them go.

This does take practice, however. So, I have to stop attacking myself with my thoughts. And let God be God and release me from this dream of attack. The lesson continues..."I am concerned about _____________. I am afraid __________ will happen."

Then you have to fill in these blanks by searching your mind. You will be amazed at how many fear thoughts are in your mind. The release comes when you apply this statement to them:

"That thought is an attack upon myself."

Wow. That's it. But do it. And do it all day long, whenever you are not wholly joyous and at peace.

Be very specific with this and write it out if you want to. It is always good to see what you are thinking on paper.

Fear is very devious and it is in the background of your mind most of the time. So, this lesson is really helpful in uncovering those specific thoughts and releasing these attacks upon yourself.

OK? Let me know how this goes for you.

Love and blessings,

Monica

1 comment:

CJ said...

Love it. Thanks Monica. Just what I was looking for today.