Saturday, February 2, 2008

I have invented the world I see

This lesson is amazing. It continues in the theme of not being a victim of the world and brings you into the realization that you are responsible for the whole thing. The lesson states that "you can give it up as easily as you made it up. You will see it or not see it, as you wish. While you want it, you will see it; when you no longer want it, it will not be there for you to see." Wow, it won't even be there?

I look at that idea and feel the possibility of being entirely released from my perception of the world. I have to want to be released and I have to make a decision to do so. The decision not to rely on my past learning to guide me. I stop, take a moment, let go of my fear or anger, or any form of upset. It is a constant practice. But the lesson is uncompromising and tells me when I no longer want it, it will not even be there. Why? Because I put it there. I made up al of it, the entire world I see, and I am the Savior of the world.

Master Teacher reminds me this is really not a big deal...but it is the only deal in town. There isn't anything else going on here. It really is illusory. Any fear about what is happening or not happening, fear about my kids, my finances, my possessions...my preoccupation with this world...must be released.

I spoke with a brother about this yesterday who was voicing a concern about insane behavior in others. Her fear of certain brothers was very real to her. Well, I realized that if you want to entertain your fears and hang onto them, and project them onto your brother, go ahead. But if you want to be free, you must learn how to release fear. You are afraid, of a brother, of what they say or do, and this is just misperception.

The habitual thinking of the human mind is to be afraid of everyone, make the fears real, tell everyone about them, or keep them buried deep within yourself...but never let them go. This is how you constructed the world you see.

At some point it becomes truly excruciating to stay in fear. I couldn't make sense of my fear. I always sensed there was something terribly wrong with me when I was so afraid of everyone and everything. I would walk down the streets of New York, where I lived, and be in a state of mild fear of everyone. I didn't like it and I couldn't accept it as normal. I tried psychotherapy, hypnotherapy, meditation, yoga, and nothing really worked. Finally, it got so bad, I couldn't sleep. For five months I was very depressed. I begged for help and was given the Course.

Right away, I found that it dealt with my problem...Chapter 2 is all about fear and why I experience it all the time. It states "All fear is ultimately reducible to the basic misperception that you have the ability to usurp the power of God. Of course, you neither can nor have been able to do this. Here is the real basis of your escape from fear."

So, I simply have to admit I did not make myself, and there is hope. I can be free after all from my fear. The lesson states it beautifully. I have invented it all...therefore, I can stop! It's really simple!

I must stop making up scenarios of fear...this is whenever I complain about something, or accuse someone of something, or get angry over how someone treated me badly, or dread the future or you name it! It is really sticky sometimes because in these moments, I really do think my brother is attacking me. But, if I accept today's lesson, I have to admit it. I am inventing the entire thing. I am making a world of bodies, of attack and defense, ...and ultimately, it just doesn't make me happy.

So the only appropriate response to fear is what? Release it! It only takes a moment of decision... I don't like the way I feel now, therefore, I am wrong! I can let it all go right now! Salvation is immediate. Get tough with yourself on this matter and don't accept excuses.

I really like being happy and free. My best moments are when I tell myself...hey, that's a grievance, hey, I'm afraid right now...let it go! No one is guilty...they are all perfect and whole and I'm just making this up.

It is so simple I just want to tell everyone how easy this is and how incredible I feel when I do let go. My fear disappears, this world disappears, and I am ecstatic that I can experience freedom right here and now. Salvation is not in the future, it is in that moment when I choose to be happy and let go of my stupid insane ideas.

Have fun with this lesson...it is kick ass!

Blessings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Great writing!

Monica D. said...

Thanks, Lisa...