Friday, August 29, 2008

What is Karma?

What is karma? Your associate thoughts about yourself in time. I was reading in the Master Teacher's book, How Simple the Solution, and I loved this idea. How is your karma undone? Listen.

"Where are you in the gathering of your own associate thoughts, karma is the Eastern term, with the capacity to see the Christ who is obviously all about you? Am I, in that sense, a representation of that? Yes! Since perceptutal mind is representational, you are using me as a representation of what you think the possibility of a Christ might be. And that's okay. You will discover if you are with me, that my absolute justice and honesty consist of constancy. All the consciousnesses who have come to me in love have discovered the hard work and difficulty of dealing with a constant mind. I said this to you yesterday, that while I appear not to discipline, nothing could ever be more disciplined or difficult or simple, finally, than the no-alternative presentation that emanates from light to darkness...okay?

I think there is an idea that people who seek illumination or samadhi or enlightenment, that as that progresses on the path, they become more blissful and more happy. Those of you who have entertained that idea have come to discover that the process of enlightenment involves facing, each moment, the conflict between time and eternity. That's the Workbook of the Course, that's what we teach."

Well, that explains why the process of illumination is work. It takes great discipline, great constancy and devotion to the work. I have recently decided to do Hatha Yoga each morning, and this practice has become a really important part of my awakening right now. I am in a dedication. I feel myself challenged by it and I love it. That is what I live for...meeting the challenge of the awakening of my mind. It isn't easy. It's work! But it's work that pays off instantly! Ifeel myself changing, my cells vibrating with light after each session and all day long. I feel good!

I find myself able to do more than I could have imagined. I can actually do all those postures! I never thought I would be able to. Just as with the mind training, I never thought I would be totally free from judgment...I just thought it would take lifetimes. But, not so. I proved it to myself that this Workbook really does work. All you have to do is do it. Apply it and you literally change yourself entirely and everything around you is affected. It works, if you work it.

So, as with all spiritual or material endeavors, if you set the goal, you will reach it. Why? Because you have all power. It doesn't always get easier...there are times when it is really difficult. That is how you know you are doing it, you are in the process of learning the release mechanism. Use it! Become defenseless within your mind. Open up! Let in the light and let it free you. This has to become your way of relating to this world you made up. Once you have mastered yourself, have mastered your reaction to everything that comes your way...you are free.

This is your chosen path home. Be about it! I love you and want only to help speed you up in your process!

Love and blessings!

Monica

No comments: