Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My only function is the one God gave me.

I just returned from a two week trip to Bogota, Colombia to teach at the Center for Un Curso De Milagros. It was a blast. Every day, two sessions each day, brothers would show up to experience the teaching and light of A Course in Miracles. This is a very active center and I was amazed at how beautiful everyone was and how easily they joined in a light experience not of this world.

My mighty companion, Marielle brought me there and taught with me every day. We had amazing experiences of healing of our personal lives, including relationships, and we also joined totally with these great teachers of the Course. Our Colombian brothers are so open and able to assist new people with the teaching. I felt right at home from the moment I arrived.

This lesson today sums up the focus of my life and nothing shows me this more than having a teaching assignment. My head was always cracking open and letting the light heal the spatial reference that is Bogota. I wasn't concerned with how many showed up, just that the quality of the conversion was so powerful and strong there.

I went through a lot of personal release and recognized in my brothers there the need for intimacy and healing of our relationships. We must focus on the release of our brothers from the need to stick together or determine how the relationship should look. I let go of a lot of mistrust of my brother and painful memories. I allowed every conversation to heal me. I joined with every brother to assist in the conversion of memories. All relationships are for joining and healing now. No other purpose could there possibly be. We are freeing each other to go home. We cannot do this without forgiveness. And this mighty function is the one God gave me.

But can I truly heal an illusion? No! It is not real, so the fastest way out is to recognize that with every relationship you maintain, you have an idea of grievance with it. Use the important forgiveness lessons from the Course, 61 - 70. Forgiveness is my function as the light of the world. Let me not forget my function. Each day we emphasize the need for healing of relationship because that is all that is actually going on in time/space.

Relationship actually is a part of the illusion. In truth, you are your Self. You have no relationship at all. You are whole. There is nothing outside you to relate to. Relativity is a lie. Yet, your function is still forgiveness while you are in time.

So, utilize these lessons. Each one can be seen as a way out of the hell of maintaining pain with your brother. Let him go! He is not separate from you, but you maintain him in your mind as an idea of possession. Free him from the bondage of your own idea of him and you will be free. Let him just be himself. The only appropriate response to a brother is appreciation. Gratitude. He is you, reflecting the light of your mind to you. Or the dark of your mind.

It is up to you how you respond. But the line I keep in mind is "You would not react at all to figures in a dream you knew you were dreaming." See if this works for you.

Blessings!

No comments: