Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What is a Miracle?

I love the idea that miracles are happening all the time. I know this to be true. But what are miracles? Simply stated, a miracle is a correction. A shift in perception, from darkness to light.

What is darkness? Fear. I find that when I am afraid of something, it will usually happen. Because I am thinking it, I am causing it. I am afraid of loss, I imagine that I can lose something, perhaps someone I love. This is my own thinking that is doing this. And I experience it. My mind is all powerful, there is nothing opposing it. So I experience the loss. Total loss is what death is. "I die daily", as the great St. Paul stated.

I don't avoid it, I go right into the idea, and let the whole thing completely happen. And then, here I am living, I am breathing, and I find that nothing is really different. I am still myself. I'm not fooled by my thoughts any more. If you really knew that everything, every idea is just a simple thought in your mind, you would not be afraid. You are only afraid of your thoughts. You are only thinking that some thoughts are good, some are bad. But all of them are in YOUR mind. You must accept that. They are not external to you. Your thinking is the problem itself.

If I have an idea of loss for a moment, say I have no idea how I will pay my bills. Oh no, what will happen? Well, who knows. But if I really let go into a possibility of losing my possessions, I feel that loss totally. I let them all go. The house, the furniture, my car, my cats...all of it. I will be without those things. Then, I realize, wow...I'm set free.

How does this happen? I don't know. But I only know that for me it is the only way to true lasting freedom. I will not allow the idea that I need possessions to be happy. It is simply not true. Being without them, I will still be me.

Waking up is an ordeal. If you are afraid something will happen, let it. Just let it happen. Your worst nightmare. Imagine it now, let it occur within your mind. OK. It is happening. I am totally bankrupt. I am totally alone...no relationships. Does this make you afraid? Good. Let it make you totally afraid.

Wow...now what?

I start to breathe a sigh of relief. All those ideas are just ideas. I can entertain them for a moment. Then I let them go as well.

Love is underneath all your thoughts of loss. All your fear. There is so much love there, and you won't experience it or let it in until you release the fear. I had a friend recently go into a great deal of fear in my house. I could not tolerate this amount of fear. I simply made it clear that this is not okay. You must let go of your fear. You are very insane when you let fear run your life. That is just not an option any longer. It is insane and there is no excuse for it.

I am amazed at the tenacity of the ego to always defend itself. If you could release the fear, you would be fine. The attack upon myself is over. After she left, she called the next day to apologize.

All I said was, you know exactly what you are doing...cut it out! Stop feeding the fear. Be yourself. You know that love is the answer. Love yourself now. Have the courage to live a different life now. To become God dependent. It is time to grow up and stop the madness.

Everyone has the power to be vigilant for God or for fear. It is entirely up to you. I cannot help you. You must do it yourself. You need to train your mind. No one can do it for you.

Miracles are happening all the time, but are you letting them happen to you?

Blessings!

No comments: