Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Light and Joy and Peace Abide in Me

This lesson is the statement of release from every form of fear or doubt. I am the Answer. I am the seeker and the finder. I need do nothing. If I can get quiet enough to go within myself and let go of fear, then I am free. I can learn to recognize something when it is off, a fear thought comes into my awareness and I respond to it...but how. What do I do with it? An idea of pain, sadness, loss, depression. These thoughts come into my mind and I either give into them, or not.

This is a bit tricky, because I spent many years depressed and it is familiar to me. The only thing that ever got me out of depression was finding my One Mind. And the direct experience of singularity, or One Mind, One God, One Thought. Any contrary idea, an idea of a dual purpose, of having to have anything of this world of separation will bring me instantly into pain. Yet all this is, is a trick I am playing on myself.

I have been looking at the idea of humility lately. I did a talk on Step 7 at a 12 Step Meeting last week. It was spontaneous because the speaker didn't show up and I knew I had to speak. So as I looked at the 7th Step: "Humby asked Him to remove my shortcomings", I read about humility. And I remembered the lesson "I am the Light of the World". This is where Jesus states emphatically, that "humility consists of accepting your role in salvation and in taking no other."

This means you are to accept that you are whole and perfect as God created you and you have nothing to say about it! Any idea to the contrary is false and has no meaning. I do know that you are tempted to believe otherwise, because I am often tempted to believe that I am small, weak, and at the whim of the circumstances I find myself in. But all that is, is a tiny fragmented idea of myself, which isn't even true. It is like a ripple on the ocean, having a crazy idea for a moment that it could be separate from the ocean.

So for one instant I recognize I am insane and I say to myself: My thoughts do not mean anything, or There is nothing to fear, or I am the light of the world. And instantly, I feel changed. There is a surge of energy within me. I am ecstatic again, I have to release these silly ideas instantly. I am vigilant for God.

Insanity is simply the denial of truth. It is thinking that you are fearful and have to remain so. It is such a silly game you play with yourself. I have become very intolerant of it. A friend of mine recently went into a very fearful state and I had to be very firm and finally ask her to leave. I couldn't feel anything but "this is crazy and I don't have to deal with it any longer."

For a moment, I didn't know if this was the right response. But what happened after showed me that it was. She had to hit a bottom with it. And that is what happened.

I cannot tolerate anyone in fear around me. Unless they ask for help with it, I am not able to coexist with that frequency. It is simply not possible. I have become vigilant for truth. And anyone asking for help, great, I can convert fear and help you with it. But if you defend your fear, I have no answer for you. Except to ask you why would you want to defend fear? It's ridiculous.

Humility is accepting my role in salvation. Be the light of the world. Shine away the darkness. Don't tolerate it and empathize with it. It isn't tolerable, and you murder anyone who is fearful and unwilling to release it. What isn't love is murder.

This is a tough teaching. But it works. The confrontation with the insanity of the ego mind is essential to undoing it. It has to be confronted because it is a lie. You have maintained this lie for so long, you actually believe it. Love doesn't know of fear. It is not possible.

Humility is accepting the Atonement for yourself. I am as God created me. This is real and true. But if you tolerate any idea to the contrary, you are denying God. The great reversal brings about your release from insanity or fear in all its myriad forms. Reverse your mind, deny the denial. You are truly the Light of the World.

Who are you to deny God?

Blessings!

No comments: