Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ask For Help

Sometimes it is the hardest thing to do, just to simply ask for help. I don't know why that is, but I think it has to be because of the only problem I ever have...fear. What if I get a response I don't like? What if I am refused the help I need? Then what? I am all alone!

But until I learn to just ask, I am all alone! Until I ask, I will never give anyone the chance to help me. In fact, I am believing a lie, that I can do it all myself. Which just isn't true. I need everyone's help. Denying this fact keeps me separate and I am buying into littleness again.

Why don't I just take a chance on love? Give it a shot. Maybe my brother actually is helpful and giving and I don't have to do everything myself. What if my asking for help allows him to shine his light and I can learn to receive.

If it is true that giving and receiving are the same, I might as well learn to receive. I am crazy if I think I don't need help from my brother. I am totally grateful to see that my ideas of separation never, ever work. If I refuse help, I am simply staying separate.

I always need help. I am not at home here on this planet and I know that underneath all my fear is the knowledge that this is true. I have lots of painful memories, and I don't want to have to interact with anyone sometimes. I just want to stay in bed and be all alone. But, really, it doesn't work. It is a lonely place and I don't have to stay there. I can reach out and ask for help, and offer to help. My greatest joy is in extending myself. This takes many forms. I just show up and offer to speak with someone. Perhaps there is something I can say that will assist in some way.

All I know is, I am not alone. I have many brothers here who are, yes, images I have made. But if I don't take responsibility for the imagery, I am still separate. It is my job to be responsible for what I see, including someone in pain. Even if that someone is me.

Recently, I was extremely upset and angry with God and everyone around me. I couldn't contain it and for several days I was just in a fury. It doesn't matter what put me there, because obviously, I am undergoing a transformation and it is intense sometimes. But I had the idea that everyone around me had let me down. Every one I met reflected my anger, absolutely everyone!

So, I finally grabbed someone and told them exactly what I was feeling. I let it all out and let the emotions fly. I let all my secrets out, how God had let me down, how I couldn't believe it had to be this way...basically a perceptual temper tantrum.

As I let all this out, I felt a huge relief, and heard my friend telling me that all these things, these relationships I have put in my mind to save me, have to fail. They have to fall apart. Because they aren't really based on love. This seemed really crazy to me, because I am supposed to be in a spiritual transformation!!!! And my brothers are supposed to love me, not abandon me and betray me!

Right. Well, I can laugh now at being in such an insane place in my mind, but, in truth it wasn't easy to feel all this. She sat with me for at least an hour and I held her hand and shut up and listened. I allowed her to be the savior by surrendering to her whole mind. She completely got me. She had been divorced three times and knew exactly what I was feeling. Amazing how I got the right person in that moment isn't it?

I just simply let her save my ass. Today, I saw her and thanked her. She is incredible. We all need to reach out when the emotions are flying and the hardest thing to do is to ask for help. But it works.

I am on this mission, I have accepted the Atonement for myself. I cannot do it alone. I need God, Jesus, and all my brothers. The fact is, if I am not happy, I am wrong. Period. It doesn't matter what has occurred, how tragic, or how trivial. If I am unhappy, I am WRONG. It's my job to ask for a miracle and let the correction take place. Release the fear! Release the upset. It isn't worth it.

If you can't do it alone, ask someone near you, someone you trust to just sit with you and hear you out. They don't have to have the answer. They just have to listen and then, read a lesson with you. God is still Love and this is not His Will for you. God's Will for you is perfect happiness.

Luckily, I can just walk into the session room with the Master Teacher and all he has to do is look at me, and I am released. That's what I did after my hour with my friend, and a few moments later, I was myself again. I felt great. There was no pain, only light. I was completely and utterly saved. The memories were simply gone.

I am so lucky. I have nothing to worry about. All help is right here and now and if I am not utilizing it, I am insane.

Thanks to everyone who has ever helped me. I am only too aware of how much I need each and every one of you to get out of the insanity of my own separate mind. I have had lots of teachers and I cannot begin to list them all. I just know, somewhere I asked you to be there for me and I agreed to be there for you. Because this is how we got out of hell.

If you want to listen to a class, check out themiracletimes.com. They are featuring some on-line classes. I heard my own class last night and I couldn't believe it. I hope it helps someone out there, because it sure helped me last night. Giving and receiving are the same! It's actually true.

Thanks for everything!

No comments: