Friday, April 25, 2008

Faith in Your Brother

When a situation has been dedicated wholly to truth, peace is inevitable.

I read this and recognize that I have to make a dedication to have faith in my brother. And that to trust my brother is to trust myself. I cannot love without this inherent trust. I cannot know myself, trust myself, without knowing my brother. I must know him as myself.

There are habitual blind spots in my mind, where I really think I know something about someone else. I really think that my relationships are with someone outside my mind. I do. I have to admit it. I think I know who they are. Yet, if I really accept lesson #6, I am upset because I see something that is not there, I must make the admission that I am not seeing what is real. My relationships are showing me where I am in my own process. Period.

I put them there, I made them up. I have been in relationship solely and completely with MYSELF. My hallucination with my projections that I made, because lesson #15 says my thoughts are images I have made, so this is simply all that I am experiencing here. If I am judging, I am judging myself. If I am loving, I am loving myself. That is all. There are not degrees or intervals of this. It is either one or the other. Love or fear, truth or illusion. Awakening is total.

I love this, because it simplifies my life incredibly. I don't have to take anyone's inventory, I don't have to be at all concerned with what they say, what they do, how they react to me. I am simply in my own process. I take my own inventory and allow the correction witin me.

It seems that this would be an easy thing to do but my experience is that it takes great courage and inner strength to be free. The projections of my mind show me my own perception. I am making them up. I can be free but I have to be willing to be shown where I am off track. My brother will show me this and continues to do so. I have to be willing to see everyone, absolutely everyone differently.

I have to have total faith that my brother is already fulfilling my every desire. My desire is for freedom and he is there to ensure that I become free. When I finally accepted that this was true, I laughed out loud. I saw that my own insanity, my own need to possess, to be in conflict, to work things out with someone, had been the cause of all my unhappiness for my entire life. I was astounded at this. I saw that I had put my relationships in my life for my own healing. Yet I was causing them pain. And I knew it...I humbly begged God to forgive me. I was so sorry.

The reason I can trust my brother is because I put him there to learn who I am. I am learning it by admitting to myself that whenever I am in any conflict, it is because I want it. Then, I can ask for the release. I don't like the way it feels, I don't like thinking judging thoughts all day long. I have little tolerance for this now. I want to be released. I want to know my brother as myself and I simply cannot be whole without him. I want to love him and give to him. I want to set him free.

How can you truly be happy when you are judging your brother? First, you cannot even know who he is, because you made up an image of him and THAT, and only that, is what you are in relationship with. Truly. Can you accept this? You are the cause of your relationship. Only you.

I know how hard this is to do at first, but when you accept it, a door opens within you. And you have a real opportunity for change. You do not need to continue to act within your patterns any longer. Your patterns are made up. You can stop acting them out. Just get fed up with your own insane mind to control anything.

I just did this with a long term relationship and I am still amazed at how free I feel. I was married for seven years and it's over. And I am completely happy because all my judgments of myself that I was projecting, all my fears, all my petty expectations that he fulfill something within me, are simply gone. I feel totally new. It is so wonderful.

How did this happen? I wanted to be FREE. It's very simple, it's very clear. Now I am free to just love him. And I really do! Because I accepted one simple thing. He is ME. I had lots of ideas that we would be together forever, that we would go out and teach together, live together, raise our kids together. But they all disappeared. I had to let go of my ideas about him, about being married, about staying together. All of it was my own idea.

I remember when we first got together I realized I didn't know how to trust. I asked within myself "how do I trust my brother?". I was told "this is my Beloved Son in whom I am well pleased". Wow. The voice was loud and clear. I had to experience this for myself, to experience my brother as myself. To accept that he is as innocent, sinless, guiltless and entirely free to make his own decisions. I learned a great deal over these seven years. I learned to become very intimately involved with someone and to dedicate our relationship to healing. Guess what? It worked. And it is still working, because we are not separate. There is no loss. I love him deeply and now my love extends to all the Sonship.

Every situation, properly perceived, becomes an opportunity to heal the Son of God. And he is healed because you offered faith to him, giving him to the Holy Spirit and releasing him from every demand your ego would make of him. Thus do you see him free, and in this vision does the Holy Spirit share. And since He shares it He has given it, and so He heals through you. This is from Chapter 19, I. Healing and Faith.

Incredible. How simple is salvation.

Blessings!

No comments: